You're invited! Join the community of The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia to celebrate recently published works by seminary faculty at the Book Celebration convocation on Tuesday, March 27, 2014 at 11:30 am. The convocation will be held in Benbow Hall, The Brossman Center, on the seminary campus, 7301 Germantown Avenue in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia. The convocation is free and open to the public. The celebration will start by enjoying cake in The Brossman Center student lounge at 11 am.
Faculty authors will share short presentations about their books, along with comments on the writing process. Attendees are encouraged to bring questions about the writing process and about the books being celebrated.
The faculty authors and their recent books are:
- The Rev. Dr. Karyn L. Wiseman, Associate Professor of Homiletics and Director of United Methodist Studies - I Refuse to Preach a Boring Sermon!: Engaging the 21st Century Listener (2013: Pilgrim Press)
- The Rev. Dr. Katie Day, The Charles A. Scheiren Professor, Church and Society and Director of the Metropolitan/Urban Concentration - Faith on the Avenue: Religion on a City Street, Photographs by Edd Conboy (2014: Oxford University Press)
- The Rev. Dr. Cláudio Carvalhaes, Associate Professor of Worship and Liturgy - Eucharist and Globalization: Redrawing the Borders of Eucharistic Hospitality (2013: Wipf and Stock)
- The Rev. Dr. Wayne E. Croft, Sr., Jeremiah A. Wright, Sr. Associate Professor of Homiletics and Liturgics in African American Studies - Unexpected Calls to Unexpected Places, Foreword by Rev. Otis Moss III (2013: R.H. Boyd Publishing Corporation)
- The Rev. Dr. Storm Swain, Associate Professor, Pastoral Care and Theology and Director of Anglican Studies - Trauma and Transformation at Ground Zero: A Pastoral Theology (2011: Fortress Press)